Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Week 8, Thing 19: Web 2.0 Awards List

I chose the health topic from the 2.0 awards list, and I selected Medstory, which is a very good site (http://www.medstory.com/). It is a search engine for all things health-related. It lets you search for any health topic, and then refine your search by drugs, disorders, studies, etc. I searched coronary artery disease. I initially got many useful websites on this subject. I then refined the search to stents and coronary artery disease, which brought up even more interesting featured articles, plus a whole lot more websites. I thought the whole search engine was quite good and informative. It would be very helpful for library use for patrons looking up any health-related topic.
On a different topic, I found the site www.cocktailbuilder.com to be alot of fun! You just tell this site what kind of liquor you have available in your house, and it will tell you what kind of cocktails you can make. This could come in very handy!
I will have to spend alot more time playing around with the multitude of sites listed as award-winners. I can't believe how many there are: amazing!

No comments: