Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22: Learn About Downloadable Books

I explored Overdrive for this exercise (I see that our library is going to be dropping Recording Books NetLibrary soon). There are a multitude of titles you can download: apparently over 2,000! I found that there are limited copies of each title, but you can go on a waiting list when your title isn't available. Our library has a 21 day loan period, and no fines: very good!
Overdrive is arranged in a manner that is easy to search. Categories are divided up into Browse collections, Browse Fiction, and Non-fiction, and Browse Video. I liked that under the category of Browse Collections, they list categories as "most popular" and "recently returned". I had no trouble locating most titles I searched for. They even have graphic novels available to download! I did find a few titles that I may be interested in downloading in the near future: The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly, and High Noon by Nora Roberts. It is an excellent site and a great service to offer to library customers.

No comments: