Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 5, Thing 11: Library Thing

I was really amazed by this online site! It is very easy to use: just set up an account, and then list your favorite books in the search box. They are searched through Amazon. You can do so much with Library Thing. When you put in a title, it will give you tags to describe the book, recommendations of other titles you may like, member reviews and ratings, and a picture of the author and other books the author has written. The book recommendations are wonderful! They will come in very handy for reader's advisory. I will definitely be using this site, and recommending it to others who haven't heard of it. Here is the link to my catalog:
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/mstack

1 comment:

JimD said...

Library Thing is a ton of fun. The hard part is finding the time to go back and retrospectively list all the stuff you've read. That's taking me forever. It's interesting to see who lists the same books. I belong to a couple of book groups so I mostly see people who are reading those usual book group favorites.