Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9: Exploring Merlin and News Feeds

This was a very interesting and fun activity. I can't believe there is a whole world out there of news feeds and blogs that I never knew about! I explored Merlin: a very informative library-related site. Then I tried some of the search tools for finding other news feeds. I really found most of them very easy to use. Feedster gives you lots of ideas to try, as well as a search box. When I saw the celebrity heading, I had to see if some of my favorite reality shows have news feeds, and they do. I subscribed to "Hell's Kitchen"," American Idol," and "So You Think You Can Dance?" (I know: I an a reality tv junkie!)

I also tried Technorati.com, and found an interesting blog-finding tool. I found a blog I was interested in entitled,"Talking Animals", and I subscribed to it. That should be very entertaining. I was also impressed with Blogsearch.google.com. That is also a very easy site to use. I will now have alot of cool blogs and news feeds to read and laugh about.!

1 comment:

JimD said...

Wowee, you're really zipping through this program. I also found RSS great. I can see it as one of the things we can adopt to push info about our materials, programs and services to our customers. We just have to figure out how! Glad you're enjoying the 'things.' Talk it up with your co-workers. And if you can, please keep an eye out for people who are having trouble and give 'em a hand. Thanks!